If you been a follower of my blog for a while then you know that I love my glue gun (obviously lol). Well today I thought it would be fun to give my top 5 tips that I think all glue gun lover should know.
1. Warm Up: Before you start your project give your glue gun time to warm up. Personally, I can be a little impatience when it comes to this step. Usually when I'm getting ready to start a project, I get so excited that I only give my glue gun 3 minutes to warm up (and thats on a good day).
So what I found works the best, is to plug in my glue gun before I gather up the rest of my supplies. For example I'll plug in my glue gun, gather up my supplies, put on some music (cause I like to have something on in the background), get all settled in my chair and by the time I'm done my glue gun is already.
This may sound like a no brainier but using your glue gun before its all heated up can affect how well the glue will work (I know from experience). So how long should you allow you glue gun to heat up? Most articles I've read have said 10 minutes.
2. Know Your Glue Sticks: What? How is knowing about glue sticks a tip? Well, did you know there are glitter glue sticks, neon glue sticks even glow in the dark glue sticks!
Just as there are different sizes, colors and models of glue guns, there are just as many different types of hot glue gun sticks. Knowing your options can help you decide what to use in your next project.
Besides the glue sticks I mentioned above, Ad Tech produces High Temp Wood Glue, Low Temp Foam, High Temp Ultimate and Ultra Low Temp CoolGlue sticks.
3. The Hairdryer Is Your Best Friend: This is tip you have probably heard a thousand times but it does work! If you want to get rid of those pesky hot glue strings just take your blow dryer and blast your project for a few seconds.
4. Invest In A Second Glue Gun: Craft projects can get a little messy, especially if your putting crayons through your glue gun as glue sticks (see what I mean by checking out this awesome project).You can find tons of amazing projects that use a glue gun but some of those projects can end up ruining your glue gun.
Which is why its good to invest in second glue gun. That way you can have a ''nicer looking'' glue gun to use for those ''cleaner'' projects or for those projects around the house.
5. Invest In Hot Glue Gun Helpers: Now I'm probably going to sound like a broken record but Plaid's Hot Glue Gun Helpers are truly amazing! From the craft mat to the tools you really can't go wrong with this set. All the tools can be used in a variety of projects and are all specifically designed to help you get the most out of your glue gun. Also the most important thing about this set is that it prevent burns (which is always a plus lol)! I wrote up a whole blog post about HGGH back in February so if you want to learn more then click here.
So those are my top 5 glue gun tips. What are your tips that you have for using a hot glue gun?
p.s I think I've won the award for using the words glue gun the most times in a blog post lol.