If you're like me, then you probably love finding a good craft book to read! Ever since I was little, I have always loved reading craft books and checking them out from the library. When I was in high school I would order a bunch of craft books from different libraries then run down to my local library to check them out. Back then (and still today) it was a great way to discover new authors and new styles of crafting without spending any money.
Recently I was looking at my stash of craft books and thought it would be fun to compile a list of books that could help any crafter (whether a newbie or expert) discover a new author or crafting style. Some of these books I own and have done reviews on while others I've just check out at the library. Either way all these books have something to offer and provide a great preservative on diffident types of crafting. In this list I try to include craft books that cover a variety of topics like sewing, jewelry making, geek style crafts, retro style crafts etc.
Now all the craft books are listed below in no particular order. Just click on the title that grabs your crafty attention and it will take you to Amazon where you can learn more about that book!
2. The Complete Book of Retro Crafts: Collecting, Displaying & Making Crafts of the Past by Suzie Millions
4. The Craftster Guide to Nifty, Thrifty, and Kitschy Crafts: Fifty Fabulous Projects from the Fifties and Sixties by Leah Kramer
7. Vintage Craft Workshop: Fresh Takes on Twenty-Four Classic Projects from the '60s and '70s by Cathy Callahan
9. Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts: An A-to-Z Guide with Detailed Instructions and Endless Inspiration by Martha Stewart Living Magazine
10. Crochet with One Sheepish Girl: Easy Lessons & Sweet Designs for Wearing, Living & Giving by Meredith Crawford
11. A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home: Painting, Crafting, and Decorating a Cheerful, More Inspiring Space by Elsie Larson & Emma Chapman
14. The Sparkle Factory: The Design and Craft of Tarina's Fashion Jewelry and Accessories by Tarina Tarantino
17. Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects Using Cottons, Knits, Voiles, Corduroy, Fleece, Flannel, Home Dec, Oilcloth, Wool, and Beyond by Patricia Hoskins & Rebecca Yaker
19. Do It Yourself: DIY Ideas (Better Homes and Gardens) (Better Homes and Gardens Home) by Better Homes and Gardens
20. Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Projects for Adorable and Rustic Decor, Storage, Lighting, Gifts and Much More by Lauren Elise Donaldson
22. Wise Craft: Turning Thrift Store Finds, Fabric Scraps, and Natural Objects Into Stuff You Love by Blair Stocker
23. World of Geekcraft: Step-by-Step Instructions for 25 Super-Cool Craft Projects by Susan Beal & Jay B. Sauceda
24. Stitch Love: Sweet Creatures Big & Small: Cute Kitties and Cows and Cubs and More...and a Yeti by Mollie Johanson
* All opinions are my own and this post is not being sponsored by any of the authors or companies listed above.*